Churchill Pet Insurance Review
( phone – 0800 032 6528 )
With a name like Churchill you should expect the best! They are a very large company and offer all types of insurance. Churchill Insurance was started in 1989 as one of the UK’s first direct motor insurers. In 1990, they started selling home insurance and, over the years, have extended their services, and now offer insurance for cars, motorcycles, homes, travel and various other coverages including pets!. Theye are a UK based company with all their customer call centers located in the UK and sell insurance policies by phone and on the Internet.
In 2003, Churchill was acquired by the Royal Bank of Scotland Group and now forms part of the RBS Insurance division.
They offer two levels of coverage, Pet Emergency and Pet Insurance. Churchill’s Pet Emergency insurance is a low cost coverage level. It is designed to help meet the cost of unexpected injuries and emergency treatment of illness needed to stabilize your pet’s condition. Churchill Pet insurance covers each separate injury and illness for up to 12 months from the onset of the condition (to a maximum of £3000). This is designed for unexpected accidental injuries or acute illnesses unlikely to require long-term treatment.
- 20% discount when you buy online (Discount applies to the first 12 months)
- Up to £3,000 for vets fees for each separate injury or illness for 12 months from the first date of treatment for each new condition
- Up to £1,000 for advertising or reward if your pet is lost or stolen, ( available as an optional add on).
- Up to £500 towards your pet’s purchase price if your pet dies, ( available as an optional add on).
- Bereavement counseling and a legal advice line included as standard.
Churchill’s Pet Emergency insurance coverage will help you deal with many of these situations. The policy benefits include vets’ fees of up to £1,500 for accidental injury, up to £1,000 in advertising and reward fees if your pet is lost or stolen and up to £500 towards emergency illness treatment.
Churchill’s Pet Insurance covers up to £3,000 for veterinary fees for each separate injury or illness for 12 months from the first date of treatment for each new condition.They will payout up to £1,000 for advertising or reward if your pet is lost or stolen, (this is available as an optional add on).