Sainsbury’s Pet Insurance Review
( phone – 0800 434 6359 )
As a pet owner in the UK, finding the right insurance policy for your furry friend is crucial. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. One of the options worth considering is Sainsbury Pet Insurance. This article aims to provide a comprehensive guide to Sainsbury Pet Insurance, covering everything from its features and benefits to its limitations and exclusions.
What is Sainsbury Pet Insurance?
Sainsbury Pet Insurance is a pet insurance policy provided by Sainsbury’s Bank. It offers coverage for vet fees, complementary treatments, behavioural treatments, and much more. The insurance policy is available for cats and dogs of all breeds and ages.
|Dental claims for cats and dogs
||Estimated number of claims per year for cats and dogs
||Pecentage of all dental claims for cats and dogs
||Average cost of dental claim between 2008 and 2010
- One of the U.K.’s oldest retailers from when it was founded in London in 1869, through to present day.
- They’ll give you a 1/3 off online. This is their best ever offer and has been extended to July 4, 2011.
- Up to £7,500 in vet fees cover per condition.
- No time limit for illnesses (option available) provided your premiums are up to date.
- Help finding lost pets – up to £1,000 for advertising and £250 as a reward.
- 5% discount for second pet.
Their insurance is underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc.
Coverage and Benefits
Sainsbury Pet Insurance offers comprehensive coverage for your furry friend. Some of the benefits include:
- Cover for up to £7,500 per condition per year
- Coverage for vet fees, complementary treatments, behavioral treatments, and much more
- Coverage for death due to illness or injury
- Coverage for third-party liability (dogs only)
- Coverage for loss or theft (dogs only)
Policy Limitations and Exclusions
Like any other pet insurance policy, Sainsbury Pet Insurance also has some limitations and exclusions. Some of these include:
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered
- Routine and preventive treatments are not covered
- Dental treatments are not covered
- The policy has an excess that needs to be paid in case of a claim
- Age restrictions apply
How to Apply for Sainsbury Pet Insurance
Applying for Sainsbury Pet Insurance is simple and straightforward. You can apply online or over the phone. The application process involves answering some basic questions about your pet’s age, breed, and health status. Once the application is complete, you can customize the policy as per your requirements.
Sainsbury Pet Insurance has received positive reviews from its customers. Customers have praised the policy’s comprehensive coverage and ease of application. Some customers have also appreciated the policy’s affordability compared to other pet insurance policies in the market.
Alternatives to Sainsbury Pet Insurance
While Sainsbury Pet Insurance is a great option, it may not suit everyone’s requirements. Some of the alternatives worth considering include:
- Tesco Bank Pet Insurance
- John Lewis Finance Pet Insurance
Sainsbury Pet Insurance is a great option for pet owners in the UK. It offers comprehensive coverage at an affordable price. However, it’s essential to read the policy’s terms and conditions carefully to understand the limitations and exclusions. By doing so, you can make an informed decision and choose the right insurance policy for your furry friend.
1. Can I insure my pet if they have pre-existing conditions?
No, Sainsbury Pet Insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions.
2. Can I choose my vet?
Yes, you can choose any vet that is registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
3. Is there an age limit for pets to be insured?
Yes, Sainsbury Pet Insurance has age restrictions. Dogs must be between 8 weeks and 8 years old, while cats must be between 8 weeks and 10 years old.
4. How much excess do I need to pay in case of a claim?
The excess varies depending on the policy you choose. It can range from £75 to £99.
5. Can I cancel my policy?
Yes, you can cancel your policy at any time by giving notice in writing or by phone.