Virgin Pet Insurance Review
( phone – 0800 051 0477 )
Virgin offers three levels of coverage – so there’s bound to be one to suit your pet and your pocket.
This is designed to help with one-off, unexpected costs if your pet is involved in an accident – whether it’s a bad landing from a tree or a scrape with a passing motorist, this low-cost coverage will come to the rescue.
They’ll pay up to £1,500 towards veterinary fees for each injury caused by an accident, for up to 12 months. And there’s no limit on the number of conditions you can claim for.
Accident and illness
This has limits on both the length of time and the amount they’ll pay out for a claim, to help keep premiums affordable.
It covers accidents that might happen to your pet, as well as the costs of them being ill. They’ll pay up to £3,000 for each condition for up to 12 months. There’s no limit on the number of conditions you can claim for.
Accident and illness extra
If you’re the sort of person who wants maximum peace of mind at a competitive price, this is the one for you. It offers the most comprehensive coverage, paying veterinary fees for accidents and illness up to £6,000 for each condition – no matter how long the treatment goes on for providing the coverage remains in force. In addition there’s no limit on the number of conditions you can claim for.
Whatever level of vet fees coverage you take out, you can choose from a number of optional benefit bundles, that include extra coverage for accidental death, theft and straying, kennel or cattery costs if you go into hospital, and the expense of cancelling or cutting short your holiday because your pet has an accident. It also includes liability coverage for dogs – so if your pooch knocks down a neighbour’s fence or takes a nip out of the seat of their pants, you’re covered.
If you take your pet on vacation with you, you can add ‘overseas travel coverage’.
- They offer 3 levels of pet insurance for your cat or dog:
- ‘Accident & illness extra’, ‘Accident & illness’ , & ‘Accidental injury’
- Amount of coverage for vet’s fees, under their Accident & illness extra policy, coverage for each injury, illness and disease with no time limit, up to £6,000 for each condition. Coverage is subject to the policy remaining in force.
- Under their Accident & illness policy, the maximum 12 months of treatment for each injury, illness and disease up to £3,000 for each condition.
- They give you access to 3 pet helplines : ‘Find a vet’; ’Pet legal’; and ‘Bereavement counselling’.
- They also offer ‘optional benefit bundles’.
- 15% off for insuring more than 1 pet.
Some of the “optional benefits” they offer are:
|Amount of coverage if your holiday’s cut short or cancelled due to your pet being taken ill
||up to £1,000
|Amount of coverage towards boarding fees if you’re hospitalised for more than 4 days
||up to £500
|Recovery costs if your pet is lost or stolen
||up to £500
|Reimbursement of purchase price for the accidental death / loss of your pet through theft or straying
||purchase price – up to £1,500
|Amount of coverage if your dog injures a 3rd party or damages their property
||up to £1 million
|Overseas travel coverage