Each of these top 3 Canadian pet insurance providers has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. While there are other companies out there that do a good job, our research led us to the following three:

Trupanion /Canada

( 1-800-930-1019 )

Trupanion did better in Canada than in the U.S., as far as customer service and their Better Business rating. They had an A- rating in the U.S. which knocked them off of our “best companies” list. It seems that the Canadian office had no complaints listed with the BBB, unlike the US division which had 4 complaints. Even though the complaints were resolved in a satisfactory manner, it lowered their rating as previously stated. Trupanion is a fine company with good customer service, we expect their U.S. rating to go back up to match the Canadian Division in the near future. One point that customers seemed sold on was their no dollar payout limit on policies that include  lifetime coverage for the pet.

•No payout limit.
•Covers 90% of your vet bill.
•Rapid claim approval.
•No penalties for submitting claims by having your rates raised.
•Premiums won’t increase as your pet ages.
•BBB rating = A+

Petsecure Pet Insurance

( 1-800-268-1169 )

Petsecure is well liked in Canada, they are totally Canadian owned and have written more policies for dogs and cats than other companies doing business in that country. They have been around for over twenty years and are committed to remaining focused on the needs of Canadian pet owners and in spite of their popularity, do not intend to expand beyond Canada. This is good in that some companies can grow too large and their customer service usually suffers when that happens.

Petsecures’ most comprehensive plan is Secure For Life Level  4, which include micro-chipping, heart-worm prvention, all annual vaccinations, no limit on accident pay-out coverage and more!

•2 unique pet insurance options offering various coverage levels.
•Choose from the economical Petset or comprehensive Secure For Life™ plans.
•Petsecure dog insurance and cat insurance includes accident and illness coverage that renews each year.
•Once your pet is enrolled in the Secure for Life plan , for the rest of their life they’ll never be refused coverage due to aging, or the onset of any new medical conditions.
•BBB rating = A+


Vetinsurance Plan Pet Insurance

( 1-800-930-1019 )

We liked Vetinsurance right off because their coverages were designed by a veternarian. Though they are only 12 years old, they have grown immensely popular during that time. They do things s little bit differently in that they don’t have a deductible ordinarily. The pet owner pays only the vets examination fee, and Vetinsurance pays 90% of the approved claim, with the pet owner paying the remaining 10%. There is an option to lower your premium even more by choosing a deductible, if that would fit your budget better.

•Claims process and policy terms are straightforward and easy to understand.
•Policyholders will never be penalized for the number of claims submitted or a pet’s aging.
•Low monthly premiums, they pay 90% of approved claims.
•BBB rating = A+