Argos Pet Insurance ( phone – 0845 600 5504 )
- Pay monthly at the same price
- 3 levels of coverage to choose from
- FREE access to both a legal and vet advice helpline
- Covers up to £7,000 worth of veterinarian expenses
- Brought to you by pet insurance specialists BDML
- Older pets vet’s fees are covered with no maximum age limit
- Plus, no pet’s too old – we cover vet fees for illness and injury for cats and dogs from 8 weeks and up
- Pre-existing conditions aren’t covered
Pet Insurance from Argos offers comprehensive protection for cats and dogs to cover vet’s fees and a range of other expenses if your pet is ill, injured or lost.
ASDA Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 181 4904 )
- 3 levels of coverage (Value, Standard, & Superior )
- Cat coverage from* £4.20
- Dog cover from* £8.60 per month
- Vet’s fees up to (per condition) £1,500 for 12 months
ASDA’s award winning pet insurance covers vet bills for each illness or injury and things like X-rays, medication, surgery and nursing care. Plus you can then buy extra coverage options to suit your budget.
Asda Pet Insurance cover is created to suit most breeds of cats or dogs. You can choose from 3 levels of coverage, each one giving you peace of mind if your pet gets sick or has an accident. To make budgeting even easier, you can also choose to pay by the month for no extra cost.
Aviva Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 656 9729)
- 3 levels of coverage: Silver, Gold and Platinum.
- Silver policies cover vets fees up to £1,500 per year.
- Gold policies will cover vets fees up to £3,500 per.
- Platinum policies cover vets fees up to £6,500 per year.
- Dental treatment is covered if it is needed because of an accident, but no preventative coverage.
- Take out a cat or dog insurance policy online with Aviva and you will receive up to 10% discount.
Buddies for Life Pet Insurance ( phone: 0800 298 7889 )
- free puppy and kitten guides
- Buddies is a pet specialist, providing policies to suit the pocket of most owners.
- offer an online quote and buy option
Churchill Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 032 6528 )
- 20% discount when you buy online (Discount applies to the first 12 months)
- Up to £3,000 for vets fees for each separate injury or illness for 12 months from the first date of treatment for each new condition
- Up to £1,000 for advertising or reward if your pet is lost or stolen – available as an optional add on
- Up to £500 towards your pet’s purchase price if your pet dies available as an optional add on
- Bereavement counseling and a legal advice line included as standard.
Churchill’s Pet Emergency cover will help you deal with many of these situations. The policy benefits include vets’ fees of up to £1,500 for accidental injury, up to £1,000 in advertising and reward fees if your pet is lost or stolen and up to £500 towards emergency illness treatment.
E & L Pet Insurance (08449 809 520 )
- E&L provides comprehensive pet health insurance for dogs, cats and birds.
- Also provide public liability protection – giving you extra financial stability.
- Compare pet insurance benefits easily and quickly online.
- Providers of specialist UK pet insurance policies, for over 20 years
- Choice of pet insurance cover suit most needs and financial requirements
- Cheaper pet insurance with up to 20% introductory online premium discount
- 10% multi pet insurance discount for insuring more than one pet
- Essential vets fees cover up to £6,000
They are one of the leading pet insurance companies in the UK, offering coverage for pets of all ages from just 11p a day for cats and 16p a day for dogs. If you take out a policy and find the same coverage for less elsewhere they’ll refund the difference.
Endsleigh Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 028 3571 )
Done thru Petwise (see additional details below in PetWise listing)
Coverage up to £1,000 under their Bronze plan, £3,000 under Silver and £5,000 under Gold. (Coverage is provided on a per incident basis). Many insurers limit payments for ongoing conditions to the first 12 months only. Petwise willcontinue to cover conditions without a time limit and, up to the policy limit, subject to coverage remaining in force.
If your pet dies as a result of an accident, or from injury or illness. They will cover up to £250 on their Silver plan, and £750 on Gold policies. This section does not apply in the case of Dogs that are 9 or more years old and cats that are 11 or more years old.
If your pet is lost or stolen, they will pay for local advertising and offer a reward. (Coverage is up to £250 on Silver and £750 on Gold)
Halifax Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 328 7906 )
- Halifax Pet Insurance with a 5% online discount
- get a further 10% discount if you insure more than one pet
- you can also get continual coverage up to the policy limit each year
- pre-existing conditions are excluded.
Helpucover Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 038 0833 )
- Your vet fees are covered for accident, illness and injury
- They reinstate the full amount of coverage each year, so your pet remains covered for life
- Unlike some other Pet Insurance Plans, with Helpucover there is no time limit on how long you can claim for each illness or injury
- One month’s free premium per policy per year, when insuring two or more pets.
- Dog owners are covered for essential third party liability and legal costs
- They cover losing a pet due to theft or straying
- Claim for costs of advertising to recover your lost pet
- Emergency boarding fees are covered if you are hospitalized and cannot care for your pet
- Veterinary nurses are on call 24 hours a day to answer any concerns you have about your pet’s well being and to offer advice and information
Homebase Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 587 9944 )
- Choose from three levels of insurance
- Cover dogs from just 8 weeks old and up for
- Go Platinum and claim up to £7,500 every 12 months, with no limit to the length of treatment
- Save 10% when you buy online
- Save an extra 10% for every extra pet
- Choose from two levels of insurance
- Claim up to £2,500 vet fees cover per year
- Save 10% when you buy online
- Plus save an extra 10% for every extra pet
- Save another 7.5% if your cat has a micro chip, if not we’ll give you £15 towards the cost of
John Lewis Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 916 6830 )
- you can claim up to £10,000 each year if your pet gets injured or falls ill.
- They’ll help you find your cat or dog if it’s stolen or goes missing. Claim up to £1,000 for advertising costs and up to £1,000 for reward money.
- You won’t be out of pocket if your pet falls ill – your vet is paid directly, provided they’re set up to receive the payments
- If your pet causes an accident – their policy protects you against legal liability up to £2 million.
- There are no upper age limits on their policy for vet’s fees.
- They’ll accept your cat or dog from eight weeks old.
Liverpool Victoria Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 022 3906 )
- A 10% online discount for new pet insurance policies
- A choice of cover to meet your needs – Essential or Premier
- Up to £5,000 vet’s fees coverage for each condition
- Essential pet insurance – up to 12 months treatment for each condition
- Premier pet insurance – no time limit for treatment for each condition
- There is no upper age limit for your pet.
- There are no extra costs if you want to pay by the month.
- You can get access to four helplines.
- In the event your pet gets lost or stolen they help pay for advertising costs to help locate them.
- If your pet is in need of emergency treatment and you have a vacation planned they can help with cancellation costs.
Pet insurance for cats and dogs provided by LV offers great cover and great value. Buy online in just a few minutes and benefit from 10% discount when you buy a new policy.
Marks and Spencer Pet Insurance (phone – 0800 731 4280)
- Choose between Premier or Standard cover
- Vet fees reinstated each year to help with the continuing cost of long term treatment
- Vet fees of up to £7,000 for Premier cover
- Includes vetfone™ – a freephone 24/7 helpline
- No upper age limit and cover from age 8 weeks
- You’ll save 15% on your M&S Pet Insurance when you buy online. What’s more if you’ve got an M&S card, you’ll receive 250 M&S points when you take out a policy.
More Th>n Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 107 8849 )
- offer a FREE pet Helpline provided by Vetfone, that you can call anytime of the day or night.
- covers your pet for the full length of its treatment (up to £7000)
- protects cats and dogs regardless of age from 8 weeks old.
PDSA Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 980 6000 )
- Up to 5% online discount
- 3 levels of cover to choose from
- Pay monthly at no extra cost
- For every policy, PDSA receives vital income to help pets in need
- Cover your pet against ongoing conditions*
- No upper age limits apply**
- Access to a range of pet helplines
PDSA is Britain’s leading veterinary charity has been offering the Petsurance policy for many years. PDSA products are created under the guidance of its veterinary experts.
Coverage starts from as little as 12p a day: e.g. At least 10% of PDSA Pet Insurance customers would pay £3.52 a month or less for their cat insurance, or £6.40 a month or less for their dog insurance (Based on PDSA 2000 rates correct at April 2010 using the profile of all business March 2009 to April 2010). Premiums depend on individual circumstances. Policies are an annual contract, and premiums are paid on a monthly or annual basis.
*Coverage provided for ongoing conditions is provided subject to the policy being renewed and the original policy limit per condition. Pre-existing conditions and/or illnesses are not covered.
**Death from illness does not apply to dogs over 9 years of age and cats over 11 years of age.
PetPals Direct ( phone – 0800 328 9847 )
- PetPals Direct is offering the first month free if you buy on-line.
- Cat insurance starts at only £4.88 per month, dog insurance at only £8.13.
- Vet fees per illness/accident category: £2,000 for dogs and £1,500 for cats.
- They can pay you or your vet directly: tell them what’s the easiest for you.
- No time limit to claim on a condition: some insurers restrict claims to 12 months. They don’t.
- Immediate coverage – no waiting period: you and your pet are covered immediately for illnesses and accidents. Some other insurers apply a 14-day waiting period. They don’t.
- Claims are usually processed within 7 days.
Petplan Pet Insurance ( phone: 0845 077 1934 )
- They have developed strong relationships with charities and vets throughout the UK.
- In 2010 over 40% of claims were settled between Petplan and the vet, resulting in the customer only having to pay the excess for the total cost of treatment.
- For over 30 years they have maintained our position as the market-leading pet insurance provider in the UK.
- One of only a handful of pet insurance providers to offer a genuine ‘lifetime’ insurance policy.
- They have a number of policies that you can choose from – designed to suit both your pocket and your pet’s needs.
PetWise Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 456 1164 )
3 Levels of Coverage: Bronze Silver Gold
- Vet Fees up to £1,000* up to £3,000* up to £5,000*
- Treatment Period : no time limit, up to the sum insured for all coverage levels
- Death from Accident/Illness ‡ £0 £250 £750
- 3rd Party Liability (dogs only): £1M (dog) £1M (dog) £1M (dog)
- Accidental Damage: £0 £0 £500
- Recovery expenses: £0 £250 £750
- Boarding fees: £0 £250 £1,000
- Loss by theft or straying: £0 £250 £750
- Holiday cancellation: £0 £250 £2,000
- Bereavement Counselling
- Pet Legal
- Pet Minders
- Vet Finder Helpline
- Pay Vet Direct
- Overseas Travel 30 days 30 days 12 months
Pet Protect Pet insurance ( phone – 0800 055 6236 )
- A lifelong policy that covers ongoing conditions throughout your pet’s life*
- No exclusions once you’re on board*
- Up to £6,000 to spend in vet fees each and every year
- A wide range of complementary therapies for more treatment options
- Up to 50% off clinical diet foods (only insurer in the UK to offer it)
- Claims assessed within just 7 days, no quibble, no fuss, by experienced vet nurses
- They can pay the vet directly or reimburse you straight into your bank account
- Customer service is conveniently located in the UK
***note: pre-existing conditions are not covered but once you start a claim on a condition, you will be covered year after year for as long as you keep your policy paid up.***
Comprehensive lifelong pet insurance, with up to £6,000 coverage in vets fees every year, more natural and non-invasive prescribed treatments covered, fast claims turnaround and one month free online discount.
Planet Direct Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 048 0058 )
- UK’s most popular commercial pet website* with over 500,000 registered members they have been able to negotiate directly with an insurance underwriter to develop their own exclusive Planet Direct® Pet Insurance.
- They created two products which, they believe meet the needs of their customers.
- “Classic” is a “12 month” pet insurance option which offers essential vet fee cover; ideal for owners worried about the initial high costs of treatment (up to £2,000 vet fees for each illness or injury for up to 12 months).
- “Select Plus” is a “Lifetime Cover” pet insurance option which offers greater peace of mind for longer term illness as it offers a higher level of veterinary fee cover for each year of the policy (up to £5,000 each year for the life of your pet, provided the policy is renewed each year).
RSPCA Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 032 5952 )
- Vet fees – up to £6,500 per condition with Gold coverage, or up to £3,000 per condition with Silver coverage to help with vet bills if your cat or dog develops a new medical condition.
- Boarding costs – up to £100* per week is available for kennelling costs should you fall ill and require hospital treatment as an in patient (*£100 per week to a maximum of £750 with Gold coverage, or £50 per week to a maximum of £250 with Silver coverage).
- Third party liability insurance – up to £2 million to help with legal liability for any loss, damages or injury caused by your dog (up to £2,000,000 with Gold coverage, or £1,000,000 with Silver coverage).
Since 1824, the RSPCA has been at the heart of animal welfare. In conjunction with AXA insurance they now offer domestic pet insurance. Their long history of animal specialty means that their pet insurance goes beyond what’s usually offered from most insurance companies. Each of their policies helps care for animals in need, with 20 percent of each premium going towards the RSPCA’s care for unwanted and neglected animals in England and Wales.
SAGA Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 056 5096 )
- 3 levels of coverage: Saver, Essential, and Super.
- Policies start as low as £3.70 per month for cats.
- As low as £8.97 per month for dogs.
- Pays up to £5,000 per year towards veterinary coverage (on Super plan).
- Third party liability up to £2 million (all plans).
Sainsbury Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 434 6359 )
- One of the nation’s oldest retailers from when it was founded in London in 1869, through to present day.
- They’ll give you a 1/3 off online. This is their best ever offer and has been extended to 2nd May 2011.
- Up to £7,500 in vet fees cover per condition.
- 5% discount for second pet.
Tesco Pet Insurance ( phone – 0845 078 3878 )
- Accidental death – pets are priceless but insurance can pay out if they go missing, are stolen or are fatally hurt in an accident. Third party liability insurance (dogs only) – They will pay up to £2,000,000 in any policy period towards compensation and costs awarded against you by a court if your pet causes death or injury to a person, or causes damage to property during a period of insurance.
- Theft or straying – Up to £1000 towards the costs of advertising, which includes up to £200 reward and up to £1500 towards your pets purchase price if your pet is not found.
- Hospitalisation of owner – cost of boarding fees if you have to go into hospital for emergency treatment
- Up to £5,000 cover if you have to cancel or cut short your holiday or if your pet goes missing or needs emergency life saving treatment
- Overseas travel including emergency expenses cover whilst abroad and cover for the loss of your pet’s passport
Virgin Pet Insurance ( phone – 0800 051 0477 )
- They offer 3 levels of pet insurance for your cat or dog:
- ‘Accident & illness extra’, ‘Accident & illness’ , & ‘Accidental injury’
- Amount of coverage for vet’s fees, under their Accident & illness extra policy, coverage for each injury, illness and disease with no time limit, up to £6,000 for each condition. Coverage is subject to the policy remaining in force.
- Under their Accident & illness policy, the maximum 12 months of treatment for each injury, illness and disease up to £3,000 for each condition.
- They give you access to 3 pet helplines : ‘Find a vet’; ’Pet legal’; and ‘Bereavement counselling’.
- They also offer ‘optional benefit bundles’.
- 15% off for insuring more than 1 pet.